Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Safari for Windows - Apple spamming users

I have an ipod, and therefore I have ITunes installed. Today Apple Software Update popped up and greeted me with the following totally unrelated thing: Safari 3.1 (22.65Mb)

Safari for Windows is the fastest and easiest-to-use web browser for the PC.  It displays web pages faster than any other browser and is filled with innovative features -- all delivered in an efficient and elegant user interface.

For more information on Safari 3.1, please visit http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307467

Hmm, that sounds too good to be true.

...and why does it notify me about it in the first place?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Since I've got my Mac about a year ago, I have been constantly receiving marketing spam email from Apple. I have unsubscribed several times, but it is getting worse and worse. I did not voluntarily subscribe to any list in the first place, and know where to find Apple products if I need them.

Frankly, this constant email bombarding makes me want not to purchase anything from Apple again.

They are just pissing customers away with all this.